No agencies please.
We are looking for a talented Web Developer to join our team at Firecracker. We are a digital marketing agency based in Marylebone, London. Clients include RBS, Monster and Ubuntu. Working as part of a digital and creative team, the successful candidate will be coordinating with our other developers and designers to develop online applications to the highest standards.
You will be working on a variety of digital projects for our clients including:
- websites (large and small scale),
- mobile sites/applications
- online advertising
- ecrm campaigns
- Delivery of the above mentioned projects
- Liaising with freelance staff and account handlers to deliver digital projects to deadlines.
- Utlilising your own technical skills to advise account handlers and management on suitable solutions to project requirements.
- Working with an in-house creative team of designers and art directors as well as other digital creatives.
- Involvement in all steps of the development process – from planning to deployment
We primarily develop websites using the LAMP stack, therefore proven experience and solid knowledge of PHP and MySQL is essential.
- Good front end skills including HTML5, CSS3.
- Proven experience building responsive websites (mobile first; progressive enhancement)
- Good understanding of building sites and applications for mobile performance.
- Solid understanding of OO PHP
- Good at maintaining clean code and thorough with documentation … OR Proven ability to write good quality, secure and maintainable PHP code
- Good understanding of advanced SQL techniques
- Understanding of Unix systems and management of Apache web servers.
- Solid experience with WordPress development
- Experience with PHP frameworks (including CakePHP, Symphony, Zend)
- Experience working with SVN
- Experience preparing test plans for performance testing
Personal Skills required:
- Good communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
This is a permanent full-time, on-site position. Remuneration will be based on skills and experience. Please contact us with your CV and at least 3 URLs of work you have previously undertaken. We will only be able to accept CVs in PDF format.
While we appreciate the interest, we will not fill this role through an agency so please do not contact us.